Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:53 pm Post subject: Number Range Generation
Tables used for ranges:
NRIV Number range intervals. Note: Field NRLEVEL Contains the last assigned number.
TNRO Definition of number range objects
Ranges are maintained in transaction SNRO
Just another chance to show my ignorance. Isn’t there a function for returning a unique key and isn’t there also a configuration method for describing the range of those objects. I know that there is something like that for EDI but I can’t identify it. I need to retrieve a key for a user defined field in IS-U CCS 1.2 for sap 4.0B.
You can use a range object . You define ranges in transaction SNRO. The number in the ranges automatically increment ebvery time you use a new number.
Use the function NUMBER_GET_NEXT to get the next number in the range:
* In the 4.6x environment, SAP have included a number range generation
* program just like those used for Purchase Order, Sales Order etc.
* This SAP number range generation is an include program.
* INCLUDE ZRANGENO.
* Always have to be included in the main program data declaration
* data: wnorange like INRI-NRRANGENR, "number range,
* wsubobj like inri-SUBOBJECT, "sub object
* Steps :-
* 1. Number range Sub Object must be maintain in table ZSGRP
* You can used transaction SE16 to create a table entries.
* 2. Maintain number range and intervals in transaction code SNUM
* Written by : SAP Basis, ABAP Programming and Other IMG Stuff
call function 'NUMBER_RANGE_ENQUEUE'
object = 'ZOWNNO' "Create with SNUM
foreign_lock = 1
object_not_found = 2
system_failure = 3
others = 4.
if sy-subrc ne 0.
* message e086 with 'Lock error' sy-subrc.
call function 'NUMBER_GET_NEXT'
nr_range_nr = wnorange
object = 'ZOWNNO'
subobject = wsubobj
number = wdocno "Number generated by SAP
interval_not_found = 1
number_range_not_intern = 2
object_not_found = 3
quantity_is_0 = 4
quantity_is_not_1 = 5
internal_overflow = 6
others = 7.
if sy-subrc ne 0.
* message e086 with 'Number Range' sy-subrc.
call function 'NUMBER_RANGE_DEQUEUE'
object = 'ZOWNNO'.
if sy-subrc <> 0.
MESSAGE ID SY-MSGID TYPE SY-MSGTY NUMBER SY-MSGNO
WITH SY-MSGV1 SY-MSGV2 SY-MSGV3 SY-MSGV4.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum
All product names are trademarks of their respective companies. SAPNET.RU websites are in no way affiliated with SAP AG. SAP, SAP R/3, R/3 software, mySAP, ABAP, BAPI, xApps, SAP NetWeaver and any other are registered trademarks of SAP AG. Every effort is made to ensure content integrity. Use information on this site at your own risk.